Have decided to set myself a series of goals for the next 3 months.
I want to write 3 separate scripts (not counting a 10 minute short I'm writing just now). These are:
1. A 30 minute, one-off TV comedy to submit to the Writersroom.
- It's topical (or it will be next soon), it's different, and it's something I would watch. It's also 13 pages in, and the rest of the piece is all firmly locked in my head. Plus even thinking about writing the end makes me laugh.
- I'm particularly keen to get this done after attending the recent Roadshow.
- Personal deadline for this: 1st draft by 14th July, send out for feedback and redraft by 30th July.
- I've been wanting to write this for ages. I have a very clear idea of the characters, the feel, the start, the Title - just not the story.
- Because I'm not sure of the story, this may be the one to slip, but I really don't want it to.
- Deadline for this: 1st Draft by 20th August, send out for feedback and redraft before 26th September deadline.
- This is an idea I've had for a long time, and that I'm desperate to write. As I mentioned on a previous post, it's a bit of a weird idea, but I like it and that's all that I care about just now - no point writing something I hate. Learned that from my first Sharps attempt.
- Deadline for this: 1st Draft by 30th August, send out for feedback and redraft before 30th September deadline.
Let's hope it's the former. I'll keep you updated, anyway...