Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

3 Month Plan

Right.

Have decided to set myself a series of goals for the next 3 months.

I want to write 3 separate scripts (not counting a 10 minute short I'm writing just now). These are:

1. A 30 minute, one-off TV comedy to submit to the Writersroom.
  • It's topical (or it will be next soon), it's different, and it's something I would watch. It's also 13 pages in, and the rest of the piece is all firmly locked in my head. Plus even thinking about writing the end makes me laugh.
  • I'm particularly keen to get this done after attending the recent Roadshow.
  • Personal deadline for this: 1st draft by 14th July, send out for feedback and redraft by 30th July.
2. A 90 minute, Scottish Speculative Fiction film, for the RISE challenge.
  • I've been wanting to write this for ages. I have a very clear idea of the characters, the feel, the start, the Title - just not the story.
  • Because I'm not sure of the story, this may be the one to slip, but I really don't want it to.
  • Deadline for this: 1st Draft by 20th August, send out for feedback and redraft before 26th September deadline.
3. A 60 minute, TV serial idea for this year's Red Planet Competition.
  • This is an idea I've had for a long time, and that I'm desperate to write. As I mentioned on a previous post, it's a bit of a weird idea, but I like it and that's all that I care about just now - no point writing something I hate. Learned that from my first Sharps attempt.
  • Deadline for this: 1st Draft by 30th August, send out for feedback and redraft before 30th September deadline.
This plan is either optimistic and will push me in a positive way, or is going to stress me out and force me to chain myself to my desk for the summer.

Let's hope it's the former. I'll keep you updated, anyway...